- Woody Woodpecker is a cartoon character created by Walter Lantz, a fun loving and mischievous woodpecker often pecking a few holes on trees, log cabins and power poles, in some cartoons, he often steals food and gasoline, and disturbing the peace with his laughter or any annoying noises, Woody is mostly the protagonist in his own cartoons (only if Buzz Buzzard, Dapper Denver Dooley, Gabby Gator or any other bully goes against the bird) but in some cartoons he serves as the antagonist (only if encountering a police officer, Wally Walrus, Mrs. Meany or any other land lord), Woody first appears in an Andy Panda cartoon "Knock knock" which was inspired by a true story when Walter and his wife Gracie heard knocking on the roof but not from the door or somebody but a woodpecker, after leaving a few holes in his house, Walter had a great idea for putting him as the main star of his own series, in the first series he encounter a coulpe of bullies from a poor hungry cat to a police officer and a wolf, later he encounters his first advesary Wally Walrus (by ruining his vacation, stealing food etc.) later Buzz Buzzard became Woody's new adversary replacing Wally Walrus a few times, after Buzz Buzzard goes against the woodpecker, Dapper Denver Dooley took over Buzz's place, then later Gabby Gator appeared and tried to eat the woodpecker, later Mrs. Meany (renamed Ms Meany in The New Woody Woodpecker Show).
- Woody Woodpecker was voiced by Mel Blanc at first but was later replaced with Danny Webb than Kent Rogers later Ben "Bugs" Hardaway, and Gracie Stafford took the roles of Woody Woodpecker.
- In the new Woody Woodpecker show, Billy West took over the role but was still heard today.
- Woody Woodpecker made his first appearence in Judy & Elroy's adventures in "The Jungle book", but hasn't appeared much unlike Hayley Smith, Steve Smith and a few others.
- Woody has been a popular character in the Walter Lantz studios (under the principle of Universal Studios) since he marked his first appearnce with Andy Panda in "Knock knock", later from 1941-1972 Woody Woodpecker appeared in 195 cartoon shorts, after 1949's "Droolers delight" Walter Lantz studio was shut down, no new original Woody Woodpecker cartoon was ever seen again, until in 1950 Walter Lantz studios was open once again and Woody Woodpecker began to entertain audiences once again until in 1972 after "Bye Bye Blackboard" Woody Woodpecker went into retirement after Walter Lantz studio was shut down permanently.
- Woody Woodpecker is an inspiration of Bugs Bunny from the Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse from the Disney cartoons, like both Bugs and Mickey, Woody is one of the most famous cartoon stars of all time.